2009年6月7日日曜日

The issue of "over one"




At first I did not understand Jacqueline's article when Jacqueline said

Over 1 stitching IS possible.
I shall chart a name section for over 1 stitchers so that you will be OK.


Mary Wigham Over One

However, a Japanese SAL participant kindly informed me that it concerned the part in the middle of the sampler, the octagon part with the "Ackworth" and the initials.
It seems that it had been charted to be "over one" to begin with, assuming that the other
parts would be stitched "over two".

The issue had come up among the French SAL participants who had planned to STITCH THE ENTIRE SAMPLER OVER ONE (which blows my mind), and when that is done, the letters in the octagon could not be placed properly.
The French Head Girl, Paule, inquired Jacqueline about this.

Jacqueline's message meant that she would release a chart with some adjustments in the octagon area with adjustments for over one stitchers.

I would never known what that meant had it not been for the person who read the French SAL and kindly informed me!

Now THAT is something like a global SAL! I was so thrilled.

French SAL blog

(I tried to write a little message of thanks to Paule - I had learned French in US and
it was my major in college - but sadly, I have forgotten "much".

But I will surely check the French SAL from time to time to see progress of these amazing "over one" stitchers!

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿