2009年6月22日月曜日

Finally, a post of my own



Lakeside Linens 40ct Luna
Vikki Clayton silks

Part 1 is finally completed...a happy dance!

Matching colors is turning out to be more complicated than I expected.
The yellow tone of the fabric makes "light yellow" "ecru" and "white" all look the same;
Vikki's conversion for the motif in the upper lefthand corner did not show up clearly, and to give myself time to think, I started with the green motif next to it; I changed the color for it also.
When I finally decided to use a different color for the upper lefthand corner motif, I had to change the yellow motif underneath to balance it out.

It is good that I have plenty of Vikki's silks in stash. Those detrius bags are really amazing.

The 40ct is the smallest stitch count I have ever worked on, but I am getting used to it.



My little hideaway
The chair and folding table is wedged against the writing desk, so I can stitch, watch TV and keep an eye on the blogs and email.

Now on to the little squirrel!

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿