2009年8月7日金曜日

If you go to the museum to stitch...

As Jacqueline would always say.

I always wonder...in Japan, stitching in public would be considered a dangerous act, because you use needles and sharp scissors. I would certainly expect to be told to put it away.
I could take my Mary to the theatre but would not dare stitch there.

Are US and European people more tolerant because stitching is more of a common hobby?
Or is it simply that outside of Japan, people have more space and are placed farther away from each other that it wouldn't matter if the person sitting next to you had a needle in hand?

I wonder.

Today I found out there is a Japanese embroidery class in a museum in Kobe.
The class is in October...I plan to go down and register.

So in that way, I WILL be going down to the museum to stitch!

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿